Our physical office is open Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00pm - 5:00pm. Our staff rotates their in-person schedules. They can be contacted through email and Zoom. Most advising appointments will continue via Zoom.  Visit the Campus Return website for university updates. 

Photo of Santorini, Greece at sunset

Get Ready to Travel


Congratulations on being accepted to an education abroad program! The next couple of months will be an exciting and active time as you get ready to travel. Please read the section below. The resources and instructions listed are important ways for you to prepare for your time abroad. 

Questions? We’re here for you! Please reach out.

By Email:

By Phone:
(951) 827-4113

By Mail or In Person:

UCR Education Abroad
900 University Avenue 
Skye Hall, Room 321
Riverside, CA  92521

  • Orientation and Workshops

    Attend all mandatory meetings and orientation sessions.

  • Passports

    Please visit the U.S. Department of State website for information on how to obtain a U.S. passport.

  • Visa

    Depending on where you are traveling, you may need a visa. This includes any countries you may be traveling to other than your primary destination. Find out more online by visiting location-specific government websites.

  • International Student Identity Card (ISIC) and ISIC Basic Insurance

    The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) is the only internationally recognized student ID card. Since its launch in 1953, the ISIC card has helped over 40 million students get the most out of their travel experience. With access to a global network of affordable and specialized student services, the ISIC card is your key to more than 40,000 discounts and benefits in 120 countries worldwide. The International Student Identity Card (ISIC) Association is a member of the World Youth Student and Educational Travel Confederation (WYSE Travel Confederation), a not-for-profit organization which brings together world-leading specialists in student and youth travel services.

    Some programs will include the ISIC card as part of your program fees. If the card is not included as part of your program, students have the option to purchase the ISIC card and the fee will be billed to your UCR student account. If you choose to use STA Travel to book your airfare, you must purchase the ISIC card to book your flight.

    To purchase the ISIC card, contact the Education Abroad office for details.

    Although students will be enrolled in either the University of California’s Travel Insurance Coverage, UCEAP Insurance, or a non-UC program insurance plan, we recommend that students check with their personal health care provider to confirm that their coverage extends beyond U.S. borders during the time that they will be traveling.

    In addition to your program insurance plan, students who purchase the ISIC card may have ISIC Basic Insurance Coverage.

    The ISIC card MUST BE ACTIVATED in order to access its benefits. 

    Your policy will govern the final interpretation of any provision or claim. It is important that you read your policy carefully.

    Visit the ISIC website for more information.

Let us help you with your search